Child Okeford Cricket Club -part 2
Tom Hicks: “Bowlers Name?” Continued from last month.
The full chapter
Tom Hicks: “Bowlers Name?” Continued from last month.
The full chapter
As mentioned last month the archive contribution for the next two months will
In Days of Yore…
In 1641 a man named Arthur Freeman owned a dwelling house on the site of the current Baker Arms.Whether it was the current house cannot be known but
The Western Gazette announced in May 1952:
“Child Okeford Cycle Speedway.
The new cycle speedway track on the playing field was officially opened on the occasion of the first home match of the season, a Shaftesbury and District league match the visitors being
There have been at least five ‘Heyford’ or, later, ‘Hayward bridges since the Norman Conquest 1. The story told here has been
CHILD OKEFORD ARCHIVE
Child Okeford Parish Council Minutes: Roads and Traffic: Part 1
The Auxiliary Unit in the Second World War
In November’s article about the Home Guard we mentioned the “Auxiliary
80 years ago, on 14th May 1940, the Secretary of State for War, the Rt. Hon. Anthony Eden MP*, made an appeal for:
“men in Great Britain who are British subjects between the ages of