It seems like an age ago that we celebrated the Platinum Jubilee. Our thanks to Tim Cotton and his team for organising the celebrations and for producing a video of the celebrations and the village
Traffic flows in the village remain high despite the price of petrol. The deterrent effect of Speedwatch is illustrated by the results from
Our bell ringers opened the Platinum Jubilee Celebrations with a successful peal.
The planning applications due to be discussed at the next meeting of Child Okeford Parish Council are:
- P/FUL/2022/00197 – The Stables, Long Mead, Melway Lane, Child Okeford, DT11 8EW. Proposal: Demolition of exisiting stables & erection of 1no dwelling.
- P/FUL/2022/00221 – Fontmell Barns, Fontmell Parva, DT11 8HW. Proposal: Demolition of exisiting agricultural buildings (with Class Q approval for conversion to 3no. dwellings). Erection of 2no. dwellings & demolition of modern agricultural buildings.
- P/FUL/2022/00061 – Agricultural buildings at Child Okeford Manor House, Child Okeford, DT11 8EE. Proposal: Conversion & extension/alterations of 2no. agricultural buildings to form 2no. units of residential accomodation to be ancillary to Manor House, including landscaping & associated works.
- P/HOU/2021/0531 – Crispins, Rectory Lane, Child Okeford, DT11 8DT. Proposal: Erect single storey extension. Erect carport. Erect shed and greenhouse. Installation of solar panels.
- P/HOU/2022/00380 – Gold Hill House, Child Okeford, DT11 8HF. Proposal: Erect single storey extension.
To add your own comments to any application:
- Google Planning application search and comment – Dorset Council
- Click on Planning Applications
- Click on “Accept” (at the bottom of the disclaimer page)
- Planning Application Search page then appears
- Search by Application Number
Search by Address
The opportunity for comments has been extended until 9th November.
The application and new documents can be viewed by following https://planning.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk and searching for the reference number P/RES/2021/01582.
In commemoration a bell in St Nicholas church will be rung one hundred times, half muffled, on Sunday 31st January at noon.
Salisbury Diocesan Guild
On Saturday, 15 August 2020 at Child Okeford, Dorset St Nicholas the following was rung.
Tenor: 10–2–27 in G
72 Stedman Singles
1 Gaynor Cox
2 J Lynne Crighton
3 Robert D Crighton (C)
Commemorating the 75th Anniversary of VJ Day